Dear Bookworms, we are delighted that so many of you are participating in the #BookWormSat every Saturday on Twitter. Reading all your literary tweets, what your favourites are, and discovering new novels, poems and plays to read is absolutely wonderful.
Because the hashtag is growing a little bit every week we thought it would be a good idea to let you know what the themes for the next couple of weeks will be. You can find the schedule below.
BookWorm Saturday is happy to announce that we are teaming up with our Saturday buddy Superstition Saturday to embark on a secret project together outside of Twitter. Both teams at Superstition Saturday and BookWorm Saturday are really excited to tell you more about our upcoming project together soon, and we hope that you are going to love it too.
|Storms in Literature|
Irish Literature to celebrate Laurence Sterne’s birthday (24/11)
Works of writers who wrote in more than one language.
Music in Literature
The Fireside Poets to celebrate John Greenleaf Whittier’s birthday
Christmas in Literature
|Last Lines in Literature|
- Sexism, racism, fascism and so on has no place in our community.
- Stay on topic.
- We love to see multiple tweets from the same accounts and we definitely encourage them but please do not flood the hashtag.
- We love gifs too but we think that the silly ones should remain in the gif database.
- The hashtag is about literature. The hosts are writers and we understand how important it is to get your work out there but we would ask not to use #BookWormSat to promote your own work.
- And as J.M. Barrie would have said: always try to be a little kinder than is necessary.
#BookWormSat retweets between 9am and 10pm GMT/BST. Tweetdeck is checked every hour for new tweets. Tweets after 10pm will be retweeted Sunday morning.
More Twitter fun
There is a hosted hashtag for nearly every day of the week where you can go for a dose of mythology, folklore and so much more.
- #FolkloreThursday and their website.
- #FaustianFriday and their permanent hashtag #OfDarkAndMacabre
- #SuperstitionSat and their website.
- #SwampSunday and their permanent hashtag #DontGoIntoTheWoods
A massive thank you to every follower and every bookworm who contributes to the hashtag. We love hosting it and all of your tweets always brighten up our Saturdays!