Signe Maene is a Belgian writer who is very passionate about folklore and fairy tales. She has recently finished the first draft of her historical fiction novel which is set during the French Revolution and is currently working on a collection of short stories based on Flemish folktales and folklore.
Short Stories & Poetry
- Women’s March on Versailles in The Copperfield Review.
- Grandmother’s hairpin in Atrium Poetry.
- A short piece of fiction for Prompety Prompt.
- ‘Naart Stuyck’ part of Ghostlore an audiofiction anthology by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast, edited by Lyndsey Croal.
- Snowed In, an audiodrama for Christmas 2020, co-written with Charis McRoberts and The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast.
- ‘The Fairy Tree‘ part of Through the Trees, an anthology about forests and woodlands by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast.
- Selkie an audiodrama by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast.
- The Folklore of Animals, Beasts and Familiars by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realites Podcast
- Folklore Edition, a discussion about Folklore by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast.
- Selkie Preview a bonus episode about folklore and writing an audiodrama by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast
- Chickens and Roosters in Flemish Folklore in SuperstitionSaturday.
- ‘Letter to the anonymous 18th century figure that helped me find folklore‘ for The Fjordhammer Project.
If you like my work you can support me on Ko-fi here. Donations will not be used to buy coffee but to purchase research materials, submit short stories to literary magazines and make sure that I can update my blog with fresh content.