Signe Maene is a Belgian writer and audio dramatist of stories mainly based on Flemish folklore. She’s very passionate about everything relating to folk horror, myths and legends. Signe also blogs about Flemish folktales and is currently working on a novel inspired by that same wonderful and dark world.
Short Stories & Poetry
- The Witches’ Circle in The Seelie Crow, Issue 3.
- Women’s March on Versailles in The Copperfield Review.
- Grandmother’s hairpin in Atrium Poetry.
- A short piece of fiction for Prompety Prompt.
- ‘Naart Stuyck’ part of Ghostlore an audiofiction anthology by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast, edited by Lyndsey Croal.
- Snowed In, an audiodrama for Christmas 2020, co-written with Charis McRoberts and The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast.
- ‘The Fairy Tree‘ part of Through the Trees, an anthology about forests and woodlands by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast.
- Selkie an audiodrama by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast.
- Lawbreakers in the Folklore of Flanders in The Seelie Crow, Issue 4.
- Werewolves in the Folklore and History of Flanders in SuperstitionSaturday.
- Chickens and Roosters in Flemish Folklore in SuperstitionSaturday.
- Letter to the Anonymous 18th Century Figure that Helped me Find Folklore in The Fjordhammer Project.
- The Folklore of Animals, Beasts and Familiars by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realites Podcast
- Folklore Edition, a discussion about Folklore by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast.
- Selkie Preview a bonus episode about folklore and writing an audiodrama by The Alternative Stories and Fake Realities Podcast
Subscribe to my free bimonthly letter to receive Flemish folktales and legends about witches, ghosts, shapeshifters and so much more into your inbox. You can also support my work by joining a membership on Ko-fi for exclusive folklore content and other benefits.
BUY ME A COFFEE
Buy me a coffee so that I can keep writing stories inspired by the wonderful dark world that is Flemish folklore. Anything you can do to help support me is appreciated so much and really makes a difference.